9 Mart 2014 Pazar

Carnation of gravity / Edip Cansever

Carnation of gravity

You know, you live within me in tiny little bits
And yet there is being merry with you
We’re drinking, for example, as if a carnation is falling into us
A tree is working next to us, rattling on
My stomach my mind all is dwindling.

You are inclined to that carnation and there I am giving it to you
And you’re giving it to an other more beautiful
From that someone to the next
The carnation passes on.

You see there’s a love we are raising with you
I keep touching upon you, warming up to you, this is not it
See how, like the seven colors turning into white
We are melding silently.

Edip Cansever (August 8, 1928 – May 28, 1986) was a Turkish poet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edip_Cansever





Gravitational Carnation

Do you know little by little you are living inside me
But with you there is a transfiguration
For instance we drink wine, as if a carnation is falling inside us
A tree is working tick tock beside us
My stomach was, my mind was—this little bit remains.

You lean towards the carnation, I take and pass it to you voilà
And you pass it more beautiful to another
The other passes it along n'est-ce pas
So goes the carnation from hand to hand.

You see then, you and I are growing a passion,
I'm touching on you, I'm warming up to you, this is not that
Look how, seven colors become as one
We are silently uniting.

Edip Cansever (August 8, 1928 – May 28, 1986) was a Turkish poet.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edip_Cansever





Gravitational Carnation

Do you know you live a little in me
Yet it's possible to be beautiful with you
We're drinking raki, say, as if a carnation were falling inside us
A tree works away like clockwork beside us
My mind and body in tatters.

You're hooked on that carnation, I take it and give it to you
You too give it to someone else more beautiful
Isn't there that someone? Who passes it on again
And in doing the carnation goes from hand to hand.

So you can see we foster this love
I mention you, give warmth, but that's not it
Look how like seven colours cut into white
We coalesce without a sound.

Edip Cansever (August 8, 1928 – May 28, 1986) was a Turkish poet.

Translated by George Messo

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edip_Cansever





Yerçekimli Karanfil

Biliyor musun az az yaşıyorsun içimde
Oysaki seninle güzel olmak var
Örneğin rakı içiyoruz, içimize bir karanfil düşüyor gibi
Bir ağaç işliyor tıkır tıkır yanımızda
Midemdi aklımdı şu kadarcık kalıyor.

Sen o karanfile eğilimlisin, alıp sana veriyorum işte
Sen de bir başkasına veriyorsun daha güzel
O başkası yok mu bir yanındakine veriyor
Derken karanfil elden ele.

Görüyorsun ya bir sevdayı büyütüyoruz seninle
Sana değiniyorum, sana ısınıyorum, bu o değil
Bak nasıl, beyaza keser gibisine yedi renk
Birleşiyoruz sessizce.

Edip Cansever


Photo by Maria Grazia Galatà

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder