2 Aralık 2015 Çarşamba

I am Vertical / Sylvia Plath

I am Vertical

But I would rather be horizontal.
I am not a tree with my root in the soil
Sucking up minerals and motherly love
So that each March I may gleam into leaf,
Nor am I the beauty of a garden bed
Attracting my share of Ahs and spectacularly painted,
Unknowing I must soon unpetal.
Compared with me, a tree is immortal
And a flower-head not tall, but more startling,
And I want the one's longevity and the other's daring.

Tonight, in the infinitesimal light of the stars,
The trees and the flowers have been strewing their cool odors.
I walk among them, but none of them are noticing.
Sometimes I think that when I am sleeping
I must most perfectly resemble them --
Thoughts gone dim.
It is more natural to me, lying down.
Then the sky and I are in open conversation,
And I shall be useful when I lie down finally:
Then the trees may touch me for once, and the flowers have time for me.

Sylvia Plath





Soy vertical

Mejor querría ser horizontal.
No soy un árbol con raíces hondas
en tierra, sorbiendo minerales y amor materno,
refloreciendo así de marzo en marzo,
reluciente, ni orgullo de parterre
blanco de admirativos gritos, muy repintado,
y a punto, ignaro, de perder sus pétalos.
Comparado conmigo es inmortal
el árbol, y las flores más audaces:
querría la edad del uno, la temeridad de las otras.

Esta noche, en luz infinitésima
de estrellas, árboles y flores
han esparcido su frescura aulente.
Yo entre ellos me paseo, no me ven, cuando duermo
a veces pienso que me les hermano
más que nunca: mi mente descaece.
Resulta más normal, echada. El cielo
y yo trabamos conversación abierta, así seré
más útil cuando por fin me una con la tierra.
Árbol y flor me tocarán, veránme.

Sylvia Plath

Traducción de Jesús Pardo





Io sono verticale

Ma preferirei essere orizzontale.
Non sono un albero con radici nel suolo
succhiante minerali e amore materno
così da poter brillare di foglie a ogni marzo,
né sono la beltà di un'aiuola
ultradipinta che susciti grida di meraviglia,
senza sapere che presto dovrò perdere i miei petali.
Confronto a me, un albero è immortale
e la cima di un fiore, non alta, ma più clamorosa:
dell'uno la lunga vita, dell'altra mi manca l'audacia.

Stasera, all'infinitesimo lume delle stelle,
alberi e fiori hanno sparso i loro freddi profumi.
Ci passo in mezzo ma nessuno di loro ne fa caso.
A volte io penso che mentre dormo
forse assomiglio a loro nel modo piu' perfetto -
con i miei pensieri andati in nebbia.
Stare sdraiata è per me piu' naturale.
Allora il cielo ed io siamo in aperto colloquio,
e sarò utile il giorno che resto sdraiata per sempre:
finalmente gli alberi mi toccheranno, i fiori avranno tempo per me.

Sylvia Plath





Je suis verticale

Mais je voudrais être horizontale.
Je ne suis pas un arbre dont les racines en terre
Absorbent les minéraux et l'amour maternel
Pour qu'à chaque mois de mars je brille de toutes mes feuilles,
Je ne suis pas non plus la beauté d'un massif
Suscitant des Oh et des Ah et grimée de couleurs vives,
Ignorant que bientôt je perdrai mes pétales.
Comparés à moi, un arbre est immortel
Et une fleur assez petite, mais plus saisissante,
Et il me manque la longévité de l'un, l'audace de l'autre.

Ce soir, dans la lumière infinitésimale des étoiles,
Les arbres et les fleurs ont répandu leur fraîche odeur.
Je marche parmi eux, mais aucun d'eux n'y prête attention.
Parfois je pense que lorsque je suis endormie
Je dois leur ressembler à la perfection -
Pensées devenues vagues.
Ce sera plus naturel pour moi, de reposer.

Alors le ciel et moi converserons à cœur ouvert,
Et je serai utile quand je reposerai définitivement :
Alors peut-être les arbres pourront-ils me toucher,
Et les fleurs m'accorder du temps.

Sylvia Plath

Traduit de l'anglais par Françoise Morvan et Valérie Rouzeau.

Editions Gallimard, collection Poésie, Paris, 1999.





Boyunayım

Ama enine olmayı tercih ederdim.
Ben kökünü toprağa batırmış bir ağaç değilim
Taşları ve o ana sevgisini emen
Bu yüzden büyüyemiyorum parlak yapraklara her nisan,
Bir çiçek tarhının güzelliği de olamadım ne yazik ki
Sanki özenle boyanmış ve kendi payına düşen hayranlarını kabul eder gibi,

Bu gece, yıldızların o sonsuz incelikte ışıkları altında,
Ağaçlarla çiçekler serin kokularını serperlerken havaya.
Aralarında yürüdüm, hiçbiri farkıma varmadan.
Uykuya dalmadan düşünürüm de bazen
Ben de onlar gibiyim aslında –
Düşüncelerim bulanır sonra.
Uzanıp yatmak, daha doğal geliyor bana.
Sınırı olmayan sohbet yürürlüğe girdiği zaman, gökle aramızda.
Ve son kez uzanıp yattığımda bir gün ben asıl o zaman yararlı olacağım:
O gün ağaçlar bana bir kez olsun dokunabilecek ve benimle ilgilenecek vakti olacak çiçeklerin

Sylvia Plath


Photo by Maria Grazia Galatà

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder