22 Nisan 2017 Cumartesi

For Whom The Bell Tolls / Ernest Hemingway

"How little we know of what there is to know. I wish that I were going to live a long time instead of going to die today because I have learned much about life in these four days; more, I think than in all other time. I'd like to be an old man to really know. I wonder if you keep on learning or if there is only a certain amount each man can understand. I thought I knew so many things that I know nothing of. I wish there was more time."

Ernest Hemingway - (For Whom The Bell Tolls)




"¡Qué pocas cosas conocemos de lo que hay que conocer! Me gustaría vivir mucho, en lugar de morir hoy, porque he aprendido mucho en estos cuatro días sobre la vida. Creo que he aprendido más que durante toda mi vida. Me gustaría ser viejo y saber las cosas a fondo. Me pregunto si se sigue aprendiendo o bien si no hay más que cierta cantidad de cosas que cada hombre puede comprender. Yo creía saber muchas cosas y, de verdad, no sabía nada. Me gustaría tener más tiempo."

Ernest Hemingway - (Por quién doblan las campanas)





"Bilinecek şeylerin ne kadar azını biliyoruz. Bugün öleceğime uzun bir zaman yaşamak isterdim çünkü bu dört günde hayat hakkında çok şey öğrendim, dahası bütün öteki zamanlardan daha fazla düşünüyorum. Yaşlı bir adam olmak ve gerçekten bilmek isterdim. İnsan öğrenmeyi sürdürüyor mu yoksa her insanın anlayabileceği belli bir miktar mı var, merak ediyorum. Haklarında hiçbir şey bilmediğim birçok şeyi öğrendiğimi düşündüm. Keşke daha çok zaman olsaydı."

Ernest Hemingway - (Çanlar Kimin İçin Çalıyor)


Ernest Hemingway with film cameraman, Joris Ivens,
and two soldiers during the Spanish Civil War. Circa 1937-1938.

Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder